Are you ready to start dreadlocks?
We create 100% organic and natural dreadlocks across Perth.
You have the choice to start dreadlocks with extensions or with your own hair.
Natural and organic dreadlocks in Perth
Summer’s and Helena’s work is 100% natural and organic. She only uses her crochet hook. No wax, glue or product.
How long your hair needs to be to get dreads
To start dreadlocks, with your own hair or with extensions, the shortest bits in your hair need to be at least 15cm long. Shorter than that, your dreadlocks will undo very easily.
Dreadlock Creation with Extensions
No need to wait ages to get your desired perfect length! Get your new dreads with handmade 100% real human hair extensions.
Our extensions will blend nicely with your own hair. It will be hard to notice the difference!
About our dreadlock extensions
Our extensions are handmade with 100% real human hair. They are around 40cm long and 7-8mm wide (medium size).
Straight hair extensions last between 2-3 years and are permanent for afro hair (if taking care properly).
We have 6 colours available.
Below is the price list. Prices include:
- handmade 100% real human dreadlock extension with the colour of your choice
- dreadlock creation
- attaching the extensions to your new dreads
|Dreadlock Creation with Extensions||Price|
It takes around 4-7h to start dreads with extensions on a half head and 7-12h+ on a full head.
Dreadlock Creation with your own hair
Below is the price list to get dreadlocks with your own hair.
|Half Head (2-5h)||$350|
|Hair above shoulders (4-6h)||$450|
|Hair below shoulders (6-12h+)||$640|
How to care for your new dreads
Below are a few tips to care for your new dreads:
- Wash your hair at least once a week using a residue free natural dreadlock cleanser. Click here to get a residue free shampoo.
- If you have dandruff, wash your hair every other day with an anti-dandruff shampoo.
- Do regular maintenance (every 3 months) to avoid dreadlocks thinning.
- Avoid using wax on your dreads. It will become tacky, smelly and will slow down the maturation process
Click here for more advice on how to care for your dreads.
Your dreadlock consultation
Let us know if you would like to start dreadlocks with your own hair or with extensions and what style you would like to achieve. You can find some inspiration on Pinterest.
About your locticians
Summer is based in Huntingdale. Helena is based in Casuarina.
Booking your Dreadlock Creation service
Are you ready to get dreadlocks? Follow the step by step below to get started!
- Select your service below
- Pick the day and time of your service
- Pay your deposit. This is only to secure your appointment and avoid last minute cancellation. This will be redeemed at the end of your service.
- You will receive a confirmation text and email. Your loctician will then contact you directly.